Saturday, February 27, 2010

The funeral is over. It was so beautiful. My dad would have loved everything about it - the flowers, the music, the sermon, and me and Mandy's eulogies. It was very hard when they closed the casket, knowing that was the last time ever I was going to see his face. But I knew when I looked in the casket, that wasn't my dad. He was gone already.

We have all got several signs from my dad over the last few days. Mine was amazing. Before my dad passed, I asked him to send me a sign. I asked him to send me rainbows like Nevaeh does. On the way home from the funeral last night, there were two vertical rainbows. One on each side of the sun. As I write this I get goose bumps (which is another thing I have been getting constantly since my dad passed). The rainbows were so amazing.

My dad also gave me one last gift. Jason had some revelation at my dad's funeral about life, and how short it is. He said he feels like he has taken me for granted for so long. He rubbed my feet and my legs last night, then we just cuddled all night and talked about the good times. I couldn't remember the first time I told him I loved him, and he couldn't remember the first time he told me loved me. We really need to do stuff like that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment