Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I am with my dad today and having a really hard time. He can barely hold a conversation because he drifts into sleep. He has been sleeping all but 20 minutes today. It is very hard seeing him go down hill. His urine is also really funny colored today, and he is very clamy and sweaty. I checked and he doesn't have a fever. My mom said that her and my dad are pretty sure that the cancer has spread to other parts of his body now - due to pain he has been having. I am so very sad, even though I have been mentally preparing myself for him getting worse.

Last night I asked McKenna if she was getting sick, and she said "Papa sick." Then she said "I like my papa." It breaks my heart. She still loves her papa so much, even though he hasn't been able to hold her for months. I hope papa's love will stick with her forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment