Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A sense of peace has come over me regarding my dad. I haven't cried since last week. It is nice that a sense of peace has come over my dad too. He has been planning things out. Last night the funeral director came over so they could plan everything out. I've come to realize what a rare gift has been given to us and my dad. We will never have to question that we are doing things the way my dad would want. We know that his final gift to us is taking care of all his funeral preparations.

My dad started hospice yesterday. My dad now has a hospital bed in the house, which I hope will make him more comfortable. They asked my dad if he would quit breathing if he wants to be resucitated. My dad said he did not. It surprises me a little. That the man who fought so ferouciously, has come to this much peace this fast. He continues to amaze everyone. He is truly one brave and courageous man. He has shown me how to live, now he is showing me how to die. He is truly my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment