Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad

Happy 61 dad. After I called you this morning to wish you happy birthday, I got very sad knowing it was the last happy birthday that I would ever get to wish you. I also realized there will be no more happy father's days, or merry christmases, or any other holidays. That makes me sad. How will our family ever go on, dad? There will always be a missing piece at every family gathering. 61 is way too young to die. I feel cheated. I should have at least 10 more great years with you. I feel very fortunate that you got to witness every major milestone in my life. I will always remember our father daughter dance at my wedding. Do you remember we danced to "Wind Beneath My Wings"?

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it,
I would be nothing with out you.

Fly, fly, fly away,
you let me fly so high.
Oh, fly, fly,
so high against the sky, so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you,
the wind beneath my wings.


It's true dad - you are my hero. And I would not be the person I am today without you. I will find a way to continue through life without you - and I know that you will be with me every step of the way. You'll always be with me. And someday when we meet in heaven - I want another father-daughter dance.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment