Monday, February 22, 2010

It's 12:33 a.m. and I just got home after being gone for 2 days. I just want to wake everyone up and give them hugs and kisses. It just feels like the whole world should be stopping for us right now. Leaving my parent's house was so hard. No longer is it my mom and dad's house, but just my mom's. I couldn't sit there and look at his empty hospital bed. It seemed so quiet without his noisy breathing in the background.

It all happened so fast, that I guess I am still in a lot of shock. All of the sudden he closed his mouth (which hasn't been closed for 4 days), he let out a little moan, the lights flickered, and he took two little last breaths, and just like that he was gone. It was great to see him go like that after all the pain he was in this morning.

The drive home was so lonely. Now the grieving and healing can really begin for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment