Sunday, February 21, 2010

4:28 p.m

We are still waiting, and waiting, and waiting. This process is very difficult to watch. Once you think he is getting closer, he gets a little bit better. It is just weird being at his house, waiting and watching him die.

I think I have gained 5 pounds in 2 days. Comfort food is plentiful in the house right now. Donuts and pizza, and soda and wine. People keeps bringing lots of food for us.

He is resting more comfortably now. They doubled his morphine again, and since then he has not been thrashing or moaning. Which is good. That was the hardest thing.

I feel bad for Jason. He has had the girls now since yesterday morning. It looks like I will have another long night here. If he is not doing really bad first thing in the morning, I will run home quick to help Jason get the girls ready for daycare. Thankfully my mom and I are close in size, and I have been showering here and borrowing her clothes.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Nik! Please let me know what I can do to help you out. I hope you are able to get some rest. Call me ANY time. Love, Mel

    ReplyDelete