Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Update for 10/7

We don't think my dad will be coming home yet tomorrow, but hopefully on Friday! Today is his 12th day in the hospital. Poor guy, I can't even imagine. I know he is in good hands, and it is where he needs to be right now, but I know he will be one happy guy when he can go home!

The doctors had to hook his GI tube back up yesterday. His system cannot tolerate anything without it. He is also on a heart monitor, and when he fell asleep his respirations went down into the 40's. So the nurse ran into see if he was okay, and it really scared my dad. He was afraid to sleep after that. I think it is just a little bit of sleep apnea.

Other then wanting to come home and get rid of his GI tube, my dad is doing well. He is hopefully on the road to recovery and feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment