Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Update for 10/6

My dad is doing well. They've had to unclamp his tube a few times, as he gets indigestion and the hiccups. He will not have his tube taken out today. He did however get to eat some jello and chicken broth (which he said tasted like a steak). The doctor said my dad's blood work showed he was very malnutritioned. They have been giving him liquid nutrition, and hope to continue his chemo next week.

The surgeon told my parents that if my dad would not have had surgery on the day he did, he would most likely have died. That is very scary. I am so thankful that god gave us more time with him. Especially with this baby coming very soon. I want my dad to meet the baby more then anything. Especially since I believe god gave us this baby at this very moment for a reason. I think god wanted us to focus on life instead of death, joy instead of sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment