Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10/13

My dad is home and doing good. He is happy to be in his favorite recliner again. He still has a lot of healing, and a lot of catching up on sleep to do. He had a home healthcare nurse come in today to check on his iliostomy bag, as well as draw blood. Now with the blood clot in his leg, and being on the coumidin, they need to check his blood levels every couple of days. He still needs to go back to the onocologist on Thursday, although we don't know if he'll get his chemo. I am looking forward to him healing and getting his smile and positive attitude back.

Today is 18 days until baby Onesti will be born. I have been so focused on my dad that I have not even had time to think about the new baby. I am starting to get very scared about the arrival of the baby. Just worried about having a healthy baby, worried about McKenna transitioning, worried about trying to juggle two kids. I know once we settle into a routine it will be fine, but I know I will have my hands full. I hope god grants me the patience and sanity to handle it all.

Last Friday the baby was measuring at about 6 pounds 5 ounces - which does not mean too much. I know their estimates can be way off. I was also dilated to 1 cm, which I know also means nothing. I have been having lots of braxton hicks contractions. I never had these with McKenna. They are quite painful! Sometimes they even wake me up at night. I time them all the time, and sometimes when I think they start getting consistent, they stop all together. I am so ready not to be pregnant anymore. Not so sure I am ready for another baby - but I guess it is a little too late for that! Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks that baby is healthy in every way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment