Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Today I am up at the hospital with Macey. I thought it may cheer my dad up a bit to see her. We are all doing a little better today dealing with the news from yesterday. I still want the opportunity to talk to my dad alone. I feel like I really need that.

An old man approached me in the hospital as I was making Macey a bottle. He asked if I would bring her to his wife's room because she loves babies and it would really cheer her up. It was a little awkward, but I know being on the cancer floor, anything you can do to cheer the patients up is a plus. I stopped in her room and she was holding Macey smiling at her. She said today she would be going to a nursing home. She said she only has six months to live. I was glad that I was able to give her a few moments of happiness and joy. It makes me feel good. It just makes me believe even more that Macey was born when she was for a reason. She gives me something to focus on, and she makes not only me, but other people happy. For a brief moment she can make people forget about Cancer and sadness.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the posts. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers every minute of every day these last few weeks. Praying for strength through this difficult time. Love and miss you guys so much, but am glad you moved back close to your family and were able to spend these last few years with them.

    ReplyDelete