Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I just got back from spending the day with my dad. What a hard day. There were a lot of tears and conversations that needed to be had.

I asked my dad if he was scared, and he said of course he was. I told him that I know there is a heaven, and the reason I know that is because my little girl is up there. And she is waiting for her papa with open arms.

He said he is worried about my mom the most. I promised him that she will be in good hands. I promised I would take care of her and be there for her. He said he is worried that my mom will have to sell the land and the house. I promised him that we would not let that happen. He said that made him feel better. Unfortunately, I don't know if it is a promise I can keep. I hope that it is....

I asked my dad if he was proud of me. He said me and my sister were the sunshine of his life. I told him that I was very grateful that god gave him to me as a dad.

I asked him what he was going to do with Chemo, and he said he doesn't know. I told him that we would support him with whatever he decides - but he doesn't have to do it for us. He can give up at any time.

It was a very emotional day, but I am glad it happened. I got to tell him all the things I wanted him to know. My heart is very heavy right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment