Friday, January 29, 2010

Just a quick update. I am doing a little better this week, as I move forward with the realization that my dad will die soon. I started to see a grief counselor, and that has really helped. He made me realize I always feel like the "caretaker" and that I should not worry or stress about things out of my control. I should separate my grief from my worry and stress. It was great to have someone there specifically to listen to me. I didn't have to worry about making him feel bad, or worry about what he thought of me. I could show weakness instead of trying to be strong.

My dad is doing well mentally. He continues to amaze me. He is just an amazing, outstanding man. He has been telling people that "he is not going to be in this world much longer." And he says it with a smile. It's really unbelivable. I think he truly has found a peace with going to heaven to be with Nevaeh, his brother Jerry, and good friends Kenny, Lynn, and Cindy.

We are having Macey baptized this weekend, and I am really looking forward to it. We are also planning my dad a surprise birthday party. And the "surprise" we are planning for my mom and dad is really coming along. I am glad I have some postive things to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment