Thursday, January 7, 2010

My dad is feeling pretty good today. Dr. Cheng the surgeon more or less said that there is nothing that they can do for him surgically. He said that it is now in the Onocologist's hands as far as treatment. My mom asked him about how the treatment could cause the colon to blow or cause the wounds not to heal, and he said the colon is already blown and he feels it is under control with the drains, and that as far as the wounds, he did not seem to think that chemo would play an issue with those.

So he was very optimistic about the treatment thing. My dad's onocologist has not been in today yet. They are going to remove my dad's catheter to see if he can pee now. If not then he will most likely go home with it in. They said another day or two yet before he can go home.

So in summary I guess you know what my dad's decision will be. He is already talking about discussing trying a new chemo that my mom and I read about with his onoclogist. He is going to go on fighting. He said he is not going to throw in the towel yet. I am very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment