Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Devastating News

We were told today that there is not much more they can do for my dad. They cannot do surgery on his colon, as it is too risky and they feel he would not make it off the surgery table. They feel that they colon is leaking where they repaired it last time. They feel the Sutent (his chemo pill) is the main cause of why that is happening.

They told my dad he has 2 options. He can continue Chemo which is very risky because of the open wounds he has, or he can quit treament at this point and go home with Hospice. The cancer has also grown and spread.

We are devestated because until you hear those words - there is always a glimmer of hope for a miracle. I won't allow myself to be mad at God, which is how I would have handled this is the past. Instead I have faith that this is happening for a reason. They will be something good that comes out of this - as crazy as it seems right now. There will be one life lesson learned, or someone else's life impacted by one of us because of this experience.

I am so sad. My heart literally hurts. I literally feel nauseous. I was just so hopeful up until now....

My dad has said he is not ready to give up. He wants to be around longer. So I don't know if he is deciding to continue treatments. But whatever he decides, I will back him up 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment