Tuesday, July 28, 2009

UTI

I landed in the emergency room Monday morning with a possible kidney stone. I had severe stabbing pains that started about 8:30 Sunday night in my back. I wanted to go to the ER, but low and behold, my husband was MIA. He had his baseball game that afternoon- and was having some adult beverages after the game - not answering his phone. Yeah - I can't even tell you how much he is still on my shit list.

Anyways- I waited out the pain until Monday morning. I called my OBGYN who could not get me in until 3:30 p.m. I told them that I was in too much pain to wait that long. So they advised I go to the ER. I went to Aurora and they admitted me right away to labor and delivery. They said any woman who is more then 20 weeks pregnant that comes into the ER, they automatically admit right to L&D.

They hooked me up to the monitors just to make sure I was not having contractions and the baby was under no stress. Everything was fine. The baby was active and very mad to have the monitor on. It was trying to kick the monitor off every chance it had.

They had me do a pee test, and ended up diagnosing me with a bad urinary tract infection. I had a hard time believing that I was in that much pain from a UTI. But today, I am so much better after just one dose of antibiotics. It definetly feels like more of a bladder infection today, and the stabbing pain is gone.

I just hate I had to burn a whole day of vacation for a urinary tract infection!

No comments:

Post a Comment