Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mouth Sores

My dad's mouth sores are even worse today. My mom said they are now the size of peas. He is so miserable that he cannot even sleep at night. He has tried everything from medicated mouth washes, rinsing peroxide, making pastes out of baking soda, and nothing seems to alleviate the pain or sores.

I feel horrible for him. He has already lost 30 pounds - and now he is pretty much on a liquid diet because it hurts to much for him to eat. Last night I called and he said he couldn't talk to me because it hurt his mouth too bad.

He was going to call the doctor today. I hope there is something more they can do for him. You think in this day and age - they could find something to help mouth sores! We don't think that they will be giving him Chemo this week because of the sores. Hopefully the will help them go away.

It's so frustrating. I wish there was more I could do for him. I feel very helpless most of the times.

No comments:

Post a Comment