Friday, July 3, 2009

Murphys Law

I think it is murphys law that McKenna is sick every holiday. Today I have off for the 4th - and she was up all last night. She had a 102 fever this morning. Thanfully the doctor's office was open, and able to get her in at 9:20. She has another double ear infection. Her tonsils and annoids were also big. She suggested we go see the ENT to have tubes put in, and her tonsils and annoids out. I am a little hesitant, just because it seems McKenna only gets ear infections when she teeths. She is getting her last 2 year old molars - so I am hoping this is the last one. But we are going back in 2 weeks for a check, and if they are not better, then we will see the ENT.

I felt like a bad mom then because after the doctor I needed to stop at the grocery store. The store was a zoo of course. I was zipping through the aisles getting the few items I needed, and looked down and noticed McKenna shivering. I felt horrible. I bee lined it to the check out - and she fell asleep on the way home. When we got home her fever was up to 103. So I gave her more tylenol, stripped her down, and put a cool cloth on her head. She now finally dozed off. I am hoping after this nap she will start to feel better.

My dad is feeling okay so far after his first chemo. He is just very tired and sleeps a lot. Which is better then being sick. He said he was feeling pretty well, and even slept on his side a little last night, was in a little less pain. Hopefully that is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment