Friday, July 17, 2009

Update on my dad

My dad had his third chemo treatment yesterday. So far things are going well. The only bad side effect he has had so far, is his mouth is full of sores. He is pretty much on a liquid diet right now because his mouth hurts too bad to eat. The doctor prescribed him a medicated mouth wash yesterday - so hopefully that will help. My dad's platelet levels were also on the low side. Last week they were 115 and this week they were 93. So the past 2 treatments they cut down on the dosage. Next week if his platelet level is still too low, they will skip a round of chemo. My dad told the onocologist that he thinks the chemo is working, as he has way less pain. I pray and hope that is true.

We also found several articles on the healing properties of asparagus and cancer. So he is also doing that. We figure what does he have to lose? He purees the asparagus and takes 4 tablespoons twice a day.

My dad's attitude remains positive and upbeat - which is the best thing for him, and for all of us. I know if anyone can beat this dreadful disease, it is my dad. Just based on his attitude alone. Let's all keep praying for a miracle - and above all for a cure for cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment