Friday, July 24, 2009

4th Chemo

They ended up doing chemo on my dad again today, even though we didn't think they would. His platlet level is borderline, so if it dips down again, they will not do chemo until it gets back up. He still has extreme canker sores in his mouth, but I sent my mom and dad an article about honey, and they have been applying it to the sores in his mouth. He thinks it may be helping a little bit. The doctor also put him on a prescription that they give people with shingles or herpes (I can't wait to give my dad crap about this). They are hoping that maybe that will help as well.

He has 2 more treatments and then they will do another catscan of his abdomen, pelvis, and chest. So until then all we can do is just hope and pray for the best. My dad said his pain is decreased in his side where the largest tumor is. He does not take the morphine pills anymore, just wears a Fentynil patch to control the pain. I am hoping that this is a good sign. I still keep praying for a miracle. I won't give up until my dad wins this battle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment