Saturday, July 11, 2009

A day to remember...

Today is 3 years that we lost Nevaeh. In some ways I cannot believe that it is 3 years already, and then again it seems like a lifetime ago. 3 years ago I never thought it was going to be possible to be happy again. Now I have a beautiful daughter that is the absolute light of my life. McKenna is the reason I am so happy today. I thank god every day for her.

But that happiness will never take away the missing piece of my heart that is now in heaven. But I can gladly say that I now remember that happy times we had with Nevaeh. So far today there has been few tears which is an improvement. I hope our little girl in heaven knows how much we love her and think about her.

Tonight we are having family pictures at my parents house. I think it is important to capture these images. Especially since we don't know how long it will be before my dad loses his hair. He had his second round of chemo on Thursday. So far he is handling it well. I just pray that it is doing the job and shrinking the tumors. I am so thankful for Scott Eastman of Great Scott Images. He is a great friend and has offered to do our pictures for free. I don't feel right about the free part - but I know he won't accept any money if I offer it to him. It just makes me feel really good that there are such good people in the world.

On a lighter note - I am going on day 6 of my dessert challenge. Day 4 was chocolate swirl cheesecake! It was very good - an 8 out of 10. Yesterday I had black forest cake. It was super yummy. My second favorite so far! 9 out of 10 for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment