Sunday, June 20, 2010

For you Dad....

You were there the day I was born,
and every birthday there after.
You gave me a lot of fatherly advice,
and provided lots of laughter.

You listened, talked, played, and read,
and aways found some time for me.
You taught me and led by example,
and made me be the best I could be.

Now your gone...
and I miss you so much.
Your voice, your smile,
your laughter, your touch.

I miss hearing your jokes,
and calling you on the phone.
I miss calling you daddy,
even though I am all grown.

I was lucky you were in my life,
that you are a dad worth missing.
A dad I can say I was proud to have,
a lifetime of fond reminiscing.

I've dreaded this day for months,
and since the day that you died.
The first Father's Day
where you wouldn't be by my side.

No phone call today,
no card or present to give.
All that is left of you,
are the memories to relive.

Remembering all the years,
and the Father's Days passed
and you telling us
how kids grow too fast

I miss you today dad,
and I will always and forever,
but I carry you with me
in my every endeavour.

1 comment: