Friday, June 25, 2010

Answering Machine

Is it wrong of me to tell my mom to change her answering machine message? It breaks my heart everytime I call and get the message saying "You've reached Ron and Colleen Maass, we can't take your call right now".

I totally get why she doesn't want to change it. I still have my mom's number programmed in my cell as "Mom and Dad". I still have my dad's cell phone number programmed in my cell. These are all things I am not ready to change yet. I think I will know when it feels right to change them. So I guess it is none of my business telling my mom to change her answering machine. I think she'll know the right time too. I guess until then, I will just hang up before getting her machine, and text her to call me instead.

1 comment:

  1. my moms answering machine still includes my dad as well... but i take a bit of comfort from it.. it does hurt to know he is really not there... and can not "return my call"... but i like that he is still and will always be a part of our lives...

    ReplyDelete