Tuesday, July 27, 2010

McKenna asked to talk to Papa

Last night McKenna wanted to call grandma. She is in the stage where she loves to talk to people on the phone. Even if it is people she doesn't know. Last night she requested I call grandma Maass. I dialed the number and she told my mom that she was "being sassy and jumping on the bed". Then she said "I wanna tell that to Papa." My mom got caught off guard and asked her what she said, and she said "I wanna talk to papa". But just then she got a look on her face like she realized what she was asking. So I kinda think that she "gets it" a little where papa is.

It was just sad. It made me sad. But it was also weird because she hasn't asked about Papa in several months. This past weekend I was having a hard time missing my dad, and me and McKenna were kissing the pictures of my dad we have on our shelf. We said "Love you papa, miss you" and we would kiss the picture. So maybe that is what brought him back to the front of her mind.

Makes me sad, because I know how much he would be loving and enjoying both Macey and Mckenna right now. He was such a great Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment