Friday, July 23, 2010

Bad Dad Day

For some reason, I am having a really bad dad moment. I guess because one of my co-worker's was telling me her dad called her on the phone. I got to thinking how I would give anything in the world to hear my dad's voice again on the other end of the phone.

Breakdowns happen so far inbetween these days, that it takes me off guard when I do have one. It just seems like it was forever ago that I saw him. It's only been five months.

One of our friend's step dad passed away last weekend of a heart attack at the age of 48. Just tragic. It got me thinking about my dad, and made me thankful that even though it was so painful, and a horrendous experience, I am glad I lost my dad to cancer. I am glad I had many opportunities to say goodbye to him. I am glad that I had almost a year to prepare myself for his death. It would have been so tragic to me for him to just be gone one day. And in a strange way, I do thank god for being able to say goodbye and comfort him in his last moments of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment