Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update On My Dad

My dad went in for his Chemo today and his hemoglobin was very low today, which means he is very anemic. They gave him a bag of iron in addition to his chemo and then an iron injection. He will have to have them for the next 4 weeks. This maybe explains why he has been so tired and has had no appetite lately. Maybe this will help him.

As long as the chemo is working, there will be no break in the treatment at all. So my dad is scheduled for chemo for the next 4 weeks again. On October 8, he will have another CT Scan, labs and chemo. Then the following week he will see the doc to go over the results again. Can I just say I am already dreading this??? I don't think I can bear to hear bad news.

My mom asked the doctor if they would want to go on a vacation in January and he is still getting chemo, could he skip a week. The doctor said no problem as long as he is feeling good.

My dad is such a trooper. He does not seem to get discouraged that he has to go every week. He truly handles it with grace, laughter, and dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment