Thursday, September 3, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Mary

Today was Mary's burial and then a luncheon at Jack's house. I went to the luncheon, and it is weird to say, but I had the best time. There was more laughter then tears, and it was so much fun to reminice about Mary. I told my cousin Carrie that one thing I will always remember about her mom, is everytime I was over Mary would make coffee, and we would sit at the table and have a cup.

In the afternoon they did a balloon release for Mary. They got 40 pink balloons, and people wrote messages or memories on them. At the count of 3 - and to the words - "for Mary!" all 40 balloons were released into the sky above. It was beautiful. It was really cool because all of the balloons stuck together the whole time, until they were out of sight. They looked like they were making different shapes and symbols at times. I was very honored to be part of such a cool ceremony. They said they will do it every year on Mary's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment