Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Dad's Trip to Madison

My Mom and Aunt Carol took my Dad to The Cancer Center today in Madison for a second opinion. My mom said the doctor was so awesome! She went through my dad's whole history from the first day of diagnosis. She feels that for now my dad is on the right drug. She said there are two clinical trials that my dad could also get into for experimental treatment. But she suggested that if my dad is feeling well on his current chemo, and the tumors are staying the same size or shrinking, he should continue on this path of treatment for now. When this drug stops working, there is the pill form of chemo he can go on, which tends to be more agressive. If that does not work, then he could get into the clincal trials. The bad thing about that is he would have to travel to Madison weekly to get the chemo. But we will cross that bridge when we get to it. For now I am just glad that there seems to be options for him. I am so thankful that he is feeling okay and still around. I am really looking forward to our annual Labor Day get together this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment