Tuesday, August 25, 2009

When did my baby grow up?


I am amazed at the little person McKenna is becoming. I look at her and wonder, when did she turn into a toddler? It seems like just yesterday she was a little baby who really needed me for everything. Now she tries to be so darn independent!

It seems like every night I pick her up from daycare, she has added a new word or phrase to her vocabulary. Lately she has been very good at forming 2 and 3 word phrases. Last night Jason was eating watermelon, and McKenna declared " I want try it!" I was pretty amazed with this! She is also attempting to count to five lately. She does pretty good with one, two, three, but then gets a little mixed up with four and five.

She is also getting more involved with watching movies and television. Some of her favorites are Elmo, Dora, SpongeBob, and Barney (ick). To the dismay of Jason and I, Barney is actually McKenna's favorite. Not like I think Barney is a bad influence, it's just that we find his voice and songs very annoying. There have been mornings when I have woken up with different Barney songs in my head. I reassure Jason that she could be into worse things! At least he is educational, and it's not like she is watching television non-stop. She only gets to watch it when I am making dinner, and maybe a few minutes before bedtime.

McKenna is definetly a ham. She has her shy moments when she is surronded by people she does not know, but if she is in a room full of people she is comfortable with, watch out because she will put on a show! She loves to be the center of attention, and knows when she is being funny. She makes me laugh every single day! She is absolutely the most joyful thing in my world!!

I am looking forward to seeing McKenna as a big sister. I can't wait to see how she interacts with the baby. I am curious if she will be mad that she is no longer center of attention, or if she will be thrilled and want to help us out as much as possible. Only time will tell I guess! For now, I am just trying to enjoy every minute I have with McKenna. I know my life will be getting much more hectic in the next 2 months, and I will take for granted these quiet, simple moments I get with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment