Thursday, August 20, 2009

Silver Lining....

I am trying to find the silver lining in the dark storm clouds today. Actually, I do feel a little more optimistic about my dad's catscan results. My mom and dad met with the oncologist today. The tumor in his spleen and in his lung did shrink, which is great news. He said that he can't be sure when the new tumor appeared, or the tumor where his kidney was, grew. He said that could have happened in the 3 week period between the catscan and when chemo started. Especially since it was so agressive. He is actually happy with the catscan results. My mom asked if we want the tumors to shrink or stay the same, and the doctor reminded us, there is only a 3 in 10 chance that anything is going to work for my dad. I hate being reminded of this.

He is going to continue on the same course of treatment for now, but has set up a second opinion for us in Madison. He said that if they want to put my dad in a study, that he should take that opportunity, but it would mean us driving to Madison for all of his treatments.

So that is all we know for now, but we do feel better today about the results then we did on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment