Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Baby Onesti Update

I had my 27 week checkup today. I am happy to report that baby Onesti is doing well! The heartbeat was good, and I am measuring right on schedule. I gained 6 pounds since last checkup - eesh. Oh well. I am up a total of 24 pounds so far.

I did fail my glucose test today. That was actually quite a surprise. So I have to go back in on Monday to do the 3 hour glucose test. To me it is more an inconvience then anything. I am not worried. Even if I would happen to have gestational diabetes, it is so minor to everything I have already faced. But I guess I will have to give up my deserts for awhile!

I have my echo ultrasound of the baby's heart on August 17th. Please pray for us! My doctor assured me that it is just a precaution, and anything major would have probably been caught on previous ultrasounds. It is just a little unsettling to me. I am use to hearing bad news - that I just keep thinking, oh god, what is wrong this time around? I have been trying to stay positive, but sometime the fears consume me.

I can say without a doubt that this is my last baby. I can't go through the fears and worries of another pregnancy. It is so draining! I just keep praying that this baby is our happy ending that I feel Jason and I deserve so much. This baby will complete our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment