Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family Vacation

Last Saturday we started a 4 day long family vacation! Our first ever with the girls! My mom and Jerry rented a cabin in Lakewood, and invited my family, and my sister's family to come up and stay with them for a few days.

We had so much fun!! We went to the zoo, went to the beach, went on boat rides, and hung out by the campfire. It was such a blast. The girls were well behaved, and I think they had tons of fun.

I did get teary eyed one time on a boat ride. I told Jason it made me think of my dad, and the tears just started flowing. I have so many memories of being on a boat fishing and camping with him. In fact, the beach we went to, I went to as a little girl with my family. So it was a little bittersweet. I wished it could have been a complete family vacation with my dad there, but he was with us in spirit. We told lots of funny stories about my dad around the campfire!!

Here are some pictures of our vacation:







No comments:

Post a Comment