Friday, July 8, 2011

There never seems to be a dull moment in my life lately! I had Macey at urgent care on the 4th with a 103 fever. She was diagnosed with a double ear infection. After two more days at home (one day with me, and one day with her cousin Taylor) she was finally well enough to go back to daycare.

Last night I pick up McKenna and lo and behold she has a 103 fever. To avoid missing any more work this week, I decided to take her into urgent care. I thought maybe it was strep throat. But the rapid test came back negative, so most likely she just has a virus. Probably the same virus Macey had, but Macey had an ear infection with it.

So McKenna is home with my niece Taylor today. Thank god she is on summer vacation and she can help out!

I am just so sick of doctors, co-pays, medication, and taking PTO time for doctor appointments. Never did I think I would spend almost all my PTO this summer on seeing doctors - most of which trying to diagnose my stupid eye.

My eye is still not better. If anything, the flashing is getting worse. So I will try the steroids for one more week, and if there is no improvement or it seems to keep getting worse, I am going to ask to be weaned off of them. A certain peace has come over me about my eye. I guess I have just come to accept that I may have a permanent disco party in my eye. It's not the worse thing I guess. I mean at least I still have some vision. It could be worse. Just another bump in the road we call life.

On a happy note - my mom had a job interview last week. They called one of her references this week, so I think that is a good sign. Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes through for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment