Monday, August 22, 2011

Officially MS

I saw my nuerologist today. Based on my symptoms, and my positive spinal tap, he is definetly diagnosing this as MS. At first he was a little hesitant because all my MRI's came back clean, but when he found out my family history, and how all of their tests came back clean too, he decided to just diagnose it MS. I am confident in that diagnosis. As much as it sucks, I know in my heart that this is what it is. I've had issue after issue for the past two years, and all of it can be linked back to MS.

He prescribed me a drug for my fatigue, as well as a seperate drug for my muscle twitches. I will also be starting copaxane in the upcomming weeks. I hope that by starting copaxane, it will keep the disease at bay, and hopefully it will give some of my symptoms some relief also. I am still hoping for my eye to go back to normal.

I am so thankful for my mom. She was there with me today. I have watched her live her life with this disease, so I know it is possible..

No comments:

Post a Comment