Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Nevaeh

Today would be Nevaeh’s 5th birthday. It’s hard to imagine that I would have a 5-year-old. I wonder what my life would be like if she was still here. I know it wouldn’t be easy – but is life meant to be easy? I know we would have a lot of challenges, and each of her milestones would be so much sweeter. All I can do now is remember the short six weeks she was here on earth with us, and look forward to the day I see her again. It brings me peace knowing that my dad is now up in heaven with his sweet granddaughter. We forever have a guardian angel looking over us.

Although the pain has eased in the past 5 years, it has never – or will never – go away. A parent should never have to lose a child. It is a pain and a deep ache in your heart that can never be explained unless you have experienced it for yourself. It’s like there is this missing piece of you. The day I lost Nevaeh, I lost a piece of my soul that I can never get back.

Everyone please take the time to hug your beautiful children today and tell them how much you love them. I know I plan to do that with McKenna and Macey. I also plan on singing happy birthday to Nevaeh tonight with the girls. I think McKenna is finally at an age that I can start teaching her and telling her about her big sister Nevaeh.

I am also very excited to announce Nevaeh's Rainbow Project. I really wanted to do something special in Nevaeh's memory. And I got thinking - why don't I sign up to provide care packages to the local NICU? I've always wanted to do something, and a light bulb clicked on. So I contacted St. Vincent's hospital, and they graciously accepted me offer to provide care packs and memory boxes. So I am in the process of buying all the things for the first few packs. I hope eventually to get donations to cover some of the items, or get items donated. It's a great cause, I just don't have a lot of money to support it. But I plan on giving every spare penny I have to the cause. I started up a website, that is a work in progress, but please feel free to visit it and pass it on:
http://nevaehsrainbow.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

  1. Lovely birthday share! Heard a lot about Venues in NYC and thinking to arrange my daughter's birthday at of the alluring place. Cake and cookies will be ordered from my friend's bakery. Snacks and pizzas with burgers will be okay for kids. Also seen some juice and lemonade drink ideas for little ones.

    ReplyDelete