Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life

Life goes on. Or so I am trying to make it go on. I know I have said this over and over, but I still cannot believe it has been less than two months since my dad passed. It seems so much longer than that. Every time I think that he hasn't given me a sign for awhile, I see one. Last night I really got thinking about how he hasn't sent me a sign for awhile, and I got pretty sad. This morning on my drive into work, I saw a rainbow circle around the sun. And I instantly knew it was him. I keep remembering his words of "I'll always be with you" and it gives me a little piece.

Life goes on, and my kids are getting so big. Macey is almost six months old already. I truly believe God sent her to us at the most crucial time ever. Every thing happens for a reason, and I believe God was showing us that there is also life and not just death; that life must go on.

McKenna is getting so big too. Every day that girl amazes me with how smart she is. Yesterday while I was putting her in the bath she informed me that it was Tuesday. She now knows the days of the week, the months of the year, her abc's, her color and shapes,and she can count to 15. I know she knows way more than I did at that age. As much as I hate writing that check to daycare every week, I like that they teach her so much.

Next month Jason and I will be married for five years and together for 12. Where does the time go? We are going to Door County for 4 days to get away. I am really looking forward to alone time with him, and not having to scream over the kids to have a conversation. I probably love him more now then I did five years ago. I think we have been through more as a couple than most people our age. And I know that will forever bond us together. I have no doubt in my mind that 40 years from now we will still be together, and completly in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment