Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Dad

My dad went in for his catscan yesterday and his creatinine levels were too high, so they could not do the scan for the sake that it could damage his one good kidney left. I guess the dye they inject you with is pretty harsh on your kidneys. He was in so much pain on his drive home that he had to pull over. My mom left work and debated about bringing him to the emergency room. They got the catscan rescheduled for today. He will have to go in and have IV fluids for 2 hours before the scan - and 2 hours after the scan. We won't know anything until Friday when he meets with his doctor.

I am really trying to stay positive. It is very hard though. Of course my mind keeps jumping to the worse thing possible - inoperable, aggressive, terminal cancer. But then I try to remember that the pain he is having is where they removed his kidney. So there is no kidney there. And the liver is on the other side of your body. So what could be causing this pain? And infection in the wound? A sponge left in after surgery? The spot they did see on the catscan last time was in the shape of a wedge. Wouldn't that be a relief if it was a sponge? All we can do at this point is pray and hope for the best. My new saying over the past week, with all the things going on with the baby and my dad is - I am prepared for the worst - hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment