Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chemo

My dad met with a new onocologist today. It is actually the same guy who treated my mom when she had breast cancer. They liked him so much more then the first oncologist they met with on Friday.

He recommended that my dad get the IV Chemotherapy. He said the pill form was just approved by the FDA a couple of months ago, and there are so many unknowns with it. My dad will get a port put in either tomorrow or Thursday, and will start chemo next week. They also want to do a MRI of his brain to make sure there is no cancer there. God, this is all so scary. He will have the chemo once a week - and they'll do another catcan after a month. We would know then if it is being effective or not. There is a 50% chance that this drug will shrink the tumors.

Please pray for us. I am praying so hard and so much lately, that I am literally mentally exhuasted. I am trying to radiate postivness and be happy go lucky for my mom and dad's sake. I am hoping it will rub off on them. I also know they have so much to worry about - they don't need to worry about my well being. I also have to remember to stay calm for this little baby's sake. As I type - it is just kicking away. Maybe trying to get me to focus on the good things going on in my life?

I just wish there was more that I could do. I feel really helpless at this point. Now we just have to wait--again, to see what happens. I am still hoping for a miracle. They happen to people all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment