Monday, December 27, 2010

First Christmas Without Dad

Well we made it through our first Christmas without my dad. I am really proud of us - we made it through the day without any tears at all. We just wanted to make it a happy and fun day for the kids.

My nephew ended up with the stomach flu, so him and my sister left after opening presents. That was really sad for me, because it wasn't the same without her there either!

My neice and nephew loved their memory bears. They were made out of my dad's pants. McKenna at one point told me she was very sad because she missed her papa very much. It was very weird, and very out of the blue. But it makes me happy knowing she still remembers him and thinks about him.


1 comment:

  1. :-) what a nice gift. My mom had me, my brother, and my dad each pick out a favorite shirt of hers, and after she passed, someone showed up at Christmas with three bears made out of the ones we had picked. It's nice to have something to cling to on the most difficult nights. Glad you got through the holidays okay-- we did too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete