Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Past

Well I made it through Thanksgiving. I only got a little teary eyed once. For some reason I have so much Christmas spirit this year. I have almost all of my shopping done, all of my Christmas cards addressed, and my tree and decorations up.

I know having a three year old on Christmas this year is going to be magical. This is the first year she really gets it. It is so much fun. Santa had lots of fun shopping for her, and went way overboard!!

I've already decided that Christmas is going to be a great day. No tears. Just memories, smiles, and lots of thoughts about my dad. He would want us to enjoy the day. Especially for the kid's sakes. Even though we will be wearing smiles, I know that my dad will know how sad our hearts really are that he is not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment