Friday, November 19, 2010

Devastating Loss

A little boy that goes to my girl's daycare passed away yesterday from meningitis. This has shook me to the core. I have been bawling since last night when I found out. I am devestated for the family. One day your child is healthy, and the nexy he is gone. Why does this stuff happen? I wish I knew the reason.

This has brought back so many emotions of me losing Nevaeh. I know what the family is going through, but even I can't imagine losing a four year old. Nevaeh was only 6 weeks old. Yes it was devastating, but I can't fathom losing McKenna or Macey now. I literally would die.

I think because I lost a child, I am even more a freak about my kids contracting the meningitis. We were assured that it would be very rare for anyone else to get it. Since it is the bacterial kind and not viral, there is no preventative antibiotics. Last night, every time one of the girs moaned or made any noise in their sleep, I was right on top of them. I am a wreck. Yes it would be rare, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Something like this really opens your eyes. Now every stomach bug or headache, I am going to be in panic mode.

I haven't told McKenna yet about her little friend. I don't think she'll understand anyways. I don't understand. I wish I could know and tell her why. But I can't. It really tests your faith going through something like this. I have a hard time putting my arms around God and faith and life when something as tragic as this happens.

Rest in peace Devin. I'll miss seeing your smiling face and bubbly personality every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment