Monday, May 24, 2010

Door County

Jason and I had a wonderful time in Door County. It is amazing how a trip away from kids can reenergize you. I think taking time off occassionaly actually makes me a better mom. I couldn't wait to get home to the girls yesterday. I swear Macey grew. Her legs are so chunky now that she gets stuck in the bumbo chair!!

Door County is beautiful. Living in Wisconsin almost my whole life, I am almost embarrassed to say that I have never been there before. On Thursday we went to Penninsula State park and hiked all day. On Friday we did some of the winery tours, and toured the Cana Island lighthouse. On Saturday we just drove around visiting all the different towns, and went to some of the small shops. And of course we had so many fabolous meals. I think I gained five pounds! Among my favorite things was a dish called Mac and Beer Cheese. It was so yummy. I could have ate that for every meal. I also had the best coconut gelato ever. I definetly will go back to Door County someday - probably just for the gelato!

No comments:

Post a Comment