Monday, May 17, 2010

Anniversary

So this Saturday would be my mom and dad's 35th wedding anniversary. I know the day is going to be the hardest thus far for my mom. It's hard for me too, since Jason and my anniversary is on Friday. We would always celebrate our anniversaries together by going out to eat. Even last year we did.

Before my dad passed away, I promised I would take care of my mom. I promised him that I would send mom flowers on their anniversary every year. When I asked him what kind of flowers, he said - "you'll know". Today I called to order the flowers, and it tore me up emotionally. It surprised me that something as simple as ordering flowers for my mom would be so hard. But I could hear him, just as plain as day like it was yesterday, and the conversation about what kind of flowers I should get her. After I ordered them I left for lunch and had a good cry. I think it is so emotional for me because I am fullfilling a promise that I made to my dad.

I had the flowers delivered on Thursday, a couple days before her anniversary. I know that day will be hard enough. Hopefully by getting the flowers on a random day -they will make her smile a little bit too - along with the tears that I know will also be there.

As I mentioned before, it is me and Jason's 5th wedding anniversary. Our anniversary also falls on the three month anniversary of my dad's death. We are going to go to Door County for 3 days. I am so looking forward to it. It will be nice to have my mind occupied and not solely focus on what would be my mom and dad's anniversary. Jason deserves my whole attention for our anniversary. We still need to celebrate us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment