Monday, February 21, 2011

One year ago...

I lost my hero.
I lost someone who was there for me my whole life.
I lost someone who knew where I came from, and was proud of where I was going.
I lost someone who could light up the room with his smile and laugh.
I lost someone who taught me about the meaning of life.
I lost someone who taught me about the meaning of death.
I lost someone who taught me to smile when times get rough.
I lost someone who when faced with death, was more concerned about the family he was leaving behind.
I lost someone who can never be replaced.
I lost someone who can never be forgotten.
I lost a peice of my heart and life I can never get back.
I lost my daughters' grandpa.
I lost my dad.

1 comment:

  1. Your dad sounds like an incredible man. Curious to hear how you're doing since this day was quite hard for me in the past. You seem to hold yourself together better than I was ever able to. Thinking of you and hoping your day is going the best it possibly can be. xoxo

    ReplyDelete