Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I am thinking of my sister and her boyfriend Greg. Greg lost his mom on Saturday. She's had a long battle with diabetes and kidney failure. She's been on hospice for awhile now.

I've come to realize, no matter how old you are, the death of a parent is still hurtful. It doesn't matter if you are an adult or not, but everyone needs and wants their parents.

I went to the wake last night, and it was the first time being at the funeral home that we had my dad's wake at. It was weird. It looked like the same exact casket that was rented (used when there is a showing but the person is being cremated)for my dad. It was weird coming to the realization that my dad's body could have been in that same exact casket.

I could still picture my dad in his leather jacket in the casket. It still seems so unreal. Sometimes I can't believe he is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment