Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am so worried about my mom lately. Her finances and her job really concern me. She is absolutely miserable at her job. And I don't blame her. Even through my dad's death, her boss and company was horrible to her. They would make her feel guilty for not coming into work when my dad was on his deathbed. It's just crazy to me that an employer can treat their employees so bad.

She feels like she is trapped there. She is 57 and feels like a lot of companies don't want her anymore. And if she does find a job..they can't pay her what she makes now, and she can't afford any kind of pay cut whatsoever right now. She is already living paycheck to paycheck.

I feel so helpless. The kind of person that I am, I take on other people's problems like there are my own. I can't stop thinking and worrying about her. I keep praying to god, and to my dad, that something comes along to get her out of her job and into something better. I even wanted to win the lottery - just so I could pay off her house, and give her money to retire. I feel so lost not being able to help her. In a way I feel like I am not keeping my word to my dad that I would take care of her. I wish there was something I could do.

1 comment:

  1. Such a tough situation. I worry about my dad because he owns his own electrical business, and with the economy the way it's been, some day he has no work. It's so difficult to just put your trust in God and pray that things will just, somehow, work out. I know a lot of people find comfort in that, but I still have many moments where I think, "well, I put my faith in Him that my mom would live, and that obviously didn't work out too well...!"

    Looking at the positives: at least she has a job (although I know from personal experience how draining a poisonous work environment can be!), and a daughter like you who is going to make sure that if there's ever a chance she can help out... she will. She is so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete