Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I know it's been awhile since I wrote. I apologize! It's been crazy busy lately.

On March 26th I did the Relay for Life walk in Shawano. I raised $100 for the American Cancer Society. I would have liked to raise more, but I always feel bad asking people for money for these kinds of things!!

The walk went really good, and the girls had fun too. I actually broke down several times during the walk. The first time was during the survivor lap. I kept thinking - my dad should be here walking this lap. Then when they did the luminary ceremony, I really lost it. They kept saying that the luminary laps were a time to grieve, and a time to remember. I just bawled, and bawled. I was totally mentally drained when I got home. I know that I don't allow myself to break down enough...so it was a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment